Covid rules are changing in England today for the first time since we entered our third national lockdown. Here’s a summary of what's changing:
- From today, you can now meet with one person outside your home for recreational purposes, not just to exercise.
- Meetings must take place outside and must not involve larger groups.
- The advice still recommends staying local where possible.
- Schools reopen to all students across the country.
- Mass regular testing will be conducted across all establishments.
Outside of these areas, the country will stay in lockdown. This means hospitality, most work places, and live events will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
While slow to start, the rollout of the various vaccines has sent the UK on a seemingly inexorable march towards normality.
Be sure to stay up to date with the latest changes in lockdown restrictions by subscribing to our blog above.
You are now allowed to meet up with one other person outside your household or support bubble for recreation as well as exercise.